Thursday, August 28, 2014

Honey Do List

Hi Friends,

   Today I have for you something a little different. My husband is home a lot while I'm gone to work and he asked me to leave him lists of things I want him to do while I'm gone. As I'm sure most of you crafters are the same as me, I cant just write a list down on a piece of paper or a plan white dry erase board. I have been seeing people make homemade dry erase boards from picture frames and so here is my take on it...


 

This came together pretty easily. Of course the theme of a Honey Do List made me think of bees and honeycombs. 


I made my own background paper. I have seen this technique from some other crafters. I used the honeycomb overlay from the CTMH artbooking cartridge, taped it down with painters tape and used the Honeycomb stamp set to stamp inside the overlay. 


Then I just added the bee and hive from cricuts create a critter cartridge. The words are cut with the Cricut Alphabet which both are included in the Cricut subscription which can be used with either design space or cricut craft room.
  
I contoured the face off of the bee so I could use my face stamp from Peachy keen stamps. I used a gel pen for the eye and some chalk for the cheeks.

I really love how this turned out. I used an 8x10 picture frame and just a regular dry erase marker.

I hope this has inspired you to make something wonderful today.

Supplies Used
Creme Brulee
  Buttercup ink  now retired

Check out this months Stamp of the Month only $5 with a $50 purchase
 


No comments:

Post a Comment