Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August SOTM Masking tape card

Hello Friends,


Today I have a fairly simple card that I made with the new Stamp of the Month set for August and a new technique using painters tape. I have seen so many cards done using this technique recently that I wanted to try it. Its really pretty simple.


Using masking or painters tape that is a little longer than your paper (so you don't get ink on your hands as much), Lay the tape across your ink pad. just gently pat on the tape or rub the tape depending on how much ink you want to pick up. Ink up enough of the tape to cover the area you want on your card.


Next just lay the tape on your card where you want the ink, and gently rub the tape to transfer the ink over to the paper. Then simple remove the tape carefully.



You can leave a space between your strips like I did, or lay them right next to each other, depending on the look you want. 

Then simple add the Stamp or embellishments you want and the card is done. I also chose to back the white cardstock with a coordinating color cardstock.

Supplies used:


August Stamp of the Month set is only available during the month of August and is only $5 with a purchase of $50.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you to try to make something great today

No comments:

Post a Comment