Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Down Syndrome Earrings

Hello Friends,

Today I have some earrings that I made with my Cricut. They have this as a make it now project thru the Cricut design space, and I saw a wonderful YouTube video by Melody Lane on how to make them.

I chose to make awareness ribbons for Down Syndrome but really you could make just about anything.
I used the ribbon from the Designer's Calender cartridge which is available thru the subscription  and can be made with any Cricut machine.  The circle I used is from the craft room basics, but again you could use any circle. I welded the ribbon and Circle together the form the shape I wanted.


I used CTMH Daisy White Cardstock and cut out 10 images, This gave me enough to layer and make the earring a little sturdier.
I ended up using only 4 layers on each earring. After gluing them together I colored them in using Copic markers. Once they were dry, I coated them 3 times with Mod Podge. The earring loops I had bought from Joann's.


Thank you so much for Checking out my blog. I hope this has inspired you to try out your own jewelry with your Cricut or other die cut machine.


Items I used are White Daisy Cardstock


July Stamp of the Month just $5 with a qualifying purchase




1 comment:

  1. So cute Sarah! I have never tried earrings before. Thanks for sharing this with us. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete