Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Movie Card in a Box

Hello Friends,




   Today I made a movie themed card in a box. These seemed to have gotten really popular and they are just so cute I couldn't resist. My son is having a movie party for his birthday so I thought this would make a great invitation, I hope you enjoy. 

I used the box card cut file from svgcuts.com summer box cards. I used the plain box, ruffled flaps box card.

I chose to use red, white, and blue as the base colors as my son's birthday is July 4th.

I used the movie night cricut cartridge for the inside pieces.

The tickets were cut out with CTMH Art Philosophy and the Stamps were from this June's Stamp of the Month,
 I used the Close To My Heart exclusive ink pads Honey, Cranberry, and Pacifica


After putting all my pieces together I put the box card base together.

I used a Sponge Dauber with the Honey ink around the edge of the popcorn to help make it look a little more realistic. I did the same thing with the tickets.


I used the daubers to create a two color stamp with the tickets, then the cranberry around the edge.



I think they turned out pretty well, the back has a piece of white cardstock with the information for the party.

Thank you so much for checking out my blog, I hope you enjoyed and that it inspires you to create something. Have a wonderful day.



2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I am hoping the box card cut will be on the new CTMH cartridge. I loved your use of the sotm and you did such a great job explaining and taking pictures along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah! This is fabulous! I haven't tried one of these yet. It looks too complicated for me. LOL! Have a great day! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete